Pre-Order Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Now!
The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne, a new play by Jack Thorne, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London's West End on July 30, 2016.
It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.
This Special Rehearsal Edition will be available to purchase until early 2017, after which a Definitive Edition of the script will go on sale.
Click Here to Pre-Order Your Copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, for pick-up at our Andover, Marblehead or Newburyport Store
Find Waldo Local in Andover and Marblehead
Both Andover Bookstore and the Spirit of '76 in Marblehead will be participating in Find Waldo Local this year. Starting on July 1st, stop in to either store and pick up a Find Waldo Local passport. Find the 6 inch cardboard Waldo at each of the local establishments, get a signature from a staff member on the Waldo passport, and be eligible to win exciting prizes. Some of the prizes we are giving away are Waldo prizes and others are prizes donated from the local businesses involved. Both stores will be giving away prizes to qualified participants at our Waldo Party on August 6th at 2pm. We at Hugobooks have been participating in Find Waldo Local for many years, and it's always a fun way to get out into the community, explore, and discover great new places. So find Waldo Local with us this July, and join in the fun. It's a great activity for the whole family!
Thursday September 22nd at 7pm (Andover)
The Tumbling Turner Sisters
For fans of Orphan Train and Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants, a compelling historical novel from one of the best authors of women's fiction (Library Journal). Set against the turbulent backdrop of American Vaudeville, four sisters embark on an unexpected adventure and a last-ditch effort to save their family. | Read more >
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
We have created a new book fair division which provides the best book fairs in New England. For details visit us at www.BestBookFairs.com.