Thursday September 29th at 6:30pm (Andover)
American Treasures: The Secret Efforts to Save the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Gettysburg Address
On December 26, 1941, Secret Service Agent Harry E. Neal stood on a platform at Washington's Union Station, watching a train chug off into the dark and feeling at once relieved and inexorably anxious. These were dire times: as Hitler's armies plowed across Europe, seizing or destroying the Continent's historic artifacts at will, Japan bristled to the East. The Axis was rapidly closing in. | Read more >
Friday October 14th at 6:30pm (Andover)
Mercury: A Novel
Donald believes he knows all there is to know about seeing. An optometrist in suburban Boston, he is sure that he and his wife, Viv, who runs the local stables, are both devoted to their two children and to each other. Then Mercury a gorgeous young thoroughbred with a murky past arrives at Windy Hill and everything changes. | Read more >
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
We have created a new book fair division which provides the best book fairs in New England. For details visit us at www.BestBookFairs.com.