Thursday November 3rd at 6:30PM
Yours Faithfully, Florence Burke: An Irish Immigrant Story
Irish immigrant Florence Burke has lived in Massachusetts for more than a decade but he's still a tenant farmer and his family lives in near-poverty. He came to America for a better life, but finds his adoptive country less than hospitable. Florence recognizes that owning land is the path to prosperity, but the bank won't grant him a loan and he's running out of options. | Read more >
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
We have created a new book fair division which provides the best book fairs in New England. For details visit us at www.BestBookFairs.com.