"Attachments is so perfectly engaging, so sly, and so funny I read it all in one sitting, then went back and read my favorite scenes a second time...I hope Rowell never stops writing."
Beth and Jennifer know their company monitors their office e-mail. But the women still spend all day sending each other messages, gossiping about their coworkers at the newspaper and baring their personal lives like an open book. Jennifer tells Beth everything she can't seem to tell her husband about her anxieties over starting a family. And Beth tells Jennifer everything, period.
When Lincoln applied to be an Internet security officer, he hardly imagined he'd be sifting through other people's inboxes like some sort of electronic Peeping Tom. Lincoln is supposed to turn people in for misusing company e-mail, but he can't quite bring himself to crack down on Beth and Jennifer. He can't help but be entertained-and captivated- by their stories.
But by the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late for him to ever introduce himself. What would he say to her? "Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you." After a series of close encounters and missed connections, Lincoln decides it's time to muster the courage to follow his heart . . . even if he can't see exactly where it's leading him.
Written with whip-smart precision and charm, Attachments is a strikingly clever and deeply romantic debut about falling in love with the person who makes you feel like the best version of yourself. Even if it's someone you've never met.
Praise for Attachments…
"Rainbow Rowell lights up the sky with this sparkling debut novel. ATTACHMENTS is fresh, fun and charmingly quirky."
- Indies First with Christopher Golden! (Andover)(6 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Spirit)(7 days)
- Nicholai Belzer, "Only the Lonely" (Andover)(7 days)
- Dorothy Stephens, "A Door Just Opened" (Spirit)(10 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Andover)(12 days)
- Kathleen Duble, "Madame Tussaud's Apprentice" (Andover)(13 days)
- Eyal Oren, "Wednesdays in Marblehead" (Spirit)(13 days)
- Mike Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Spirit)(14 days)
- Michael Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Andover)(20 days)