FRANCES GROTE: "Unraveling the Mysteries of Self-Publishing" (Book Rack)
Frances Grote will be presenting her workshop
at the Book Rack Bookstore
on Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:00pm
Publishers Weekly calls self-publishing "the phenomenon . . . upending the publishing world" and dedicates an entire quarterly supplement to valuable works "being published outside traditional publishing." But there are a dizzying number of options for authors who want to explore this route to getting their work in print. Do you need a book doctor? What’s the big deal about who owns your ISBN? To eBook or not to eBook? What’s going to get that pallet full of your masterpiece out of your living room and into the hands of your adoring public? And how can you enlarge your adoring public beyond your parents and the one sister who still likes you? Join Frances Grote for an entertaining and information-packed talk that unravels the mysteries of successful self-publishing.
This workshop will run from 6–8pm. The cost is $40, which includes a copy of Fran’s book Fire in the Henhouse. Space is limited, so sign up now! Reserve your place by Monday, August 6th! Call the Book Rack at 978-462-8615 to sign up today.
Frances Grote is the author of award-winning memoir, poetry and fiction. Publishers Weekly calls Fire in the Henhouse "a novel brewing with tension, lightened by warm humor." She has recently embarked on the brave (or foolhardy, depending on your point of view) quest to launch a small publishing company, Rule Bender Press. Fran is also a Glimmer Train Short Story Award for New Writers Finalist and a graduate of Boston’s Grub Street Master Fiction Workshop. At her day job, Fran contributes to the effort to find a cure for cancer.
- Book Rack
- 52 State Street
- Newburyport ,
- Mary McAlary & George Foreman III, The Fighting Spirit (Andover)(30 days)
- Penny Noyce, "Magnificent Minds" (Andover)(37 days)
- Betty Rosbottom, Sunday Casseroles (Andover)(42 days)
- Ann Hood, "Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting" (Billerica)(44 days)
- Susan Levin, "Unlocked" (Andover)(45 days)
- Laura Van Den Berg, "Find Me" (Andover)(52 days)
- Moira Linehan & Mary Pinard, An evening of Poetry (Andover)(72 days)
- Nancy Thayer, "The Guest Cottage" (Billerica)(73 days)
- Ellen Cooney, "The Mountaintop School for Dogs and Other Second Chances" (Billerica)(85 days)