Have a Rollicking Good Time with Susan Lenoe, Andover Bookstore Storyteller / Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
Susan Lenoe holds a degree in English and Drama from Barnard College in New York City. She is an actress and storyteller who has appeared at the Three Apples Festival, Sharing the Fire, the Bread and Roses Festival, Minnowbrook Storytelling Conference in New York State, and the prestigious Connecticut Storytelling Festival. She performs stories and one-woman shows throughout New England.
Her portrayals of note include: Harriet Beecher Stowe, Anne Bradstreet, and Alice Buck, early leader in the land preservationist movement. Recently, she and Lani Peterson developed and are performing “The Grimke Sisters: Turning the World Upside Down.” This presentation has appeared at schools and historical societies throughout Massachusetts. “The Grimke Sisters” was picked to perform at the National Endowment for the Humanities sponsored week-long workshop, “The American Lyceum and Public Culture.”
Honors include a Best Supporting Actress Award at the New England Community Theater Conference and an award from the Andover (MA) Preservation Commission “for bringing history to life through her interpretation of Andover’s historical characters.”
Lenoe is also known for her imaginative work in bringing story to very young children. She presents a weekly storyhour (A Rollicking Good Time!) at the Andover Bookstore in Andover, Massachusetts.
- Book Fair to benefit Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (Andover)(Now)
- Mystery Book Club (Andover)(9 minutes)
- Dale Slongwhite, "Fed Up: The High Costs of Cheap Food" (Andover)(5 days)
- Jon Derek Croteau, "My Thinning Years" (Andover)(10 days)
- Andrew Coburn, "Spouses and Other Crimes" (Andover)(16 days)
- Michael Nethercott, "Seance Society" (Andover Historical Society)(44 days)
- Book Fair to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (Andover)(70 days)