A discussion, Q&A and signing
with Jodi R.R. Smith, author of the brand-new
The Etiquette Book: A Complete Guide to Modern Manners
Tuesday, July 26th, 7pm · Abbot Public Library, Marblehead
When it comes to desired behavior, there really is a time and place for almost everything. Now the well-respected etiquette expert and coach, Jodi R. R. Smith, presents The Etiquette Book: A Complete Guide to Modern Manners. This witty and wise book provides us with timely tools we all can use to make our personal and professional encounters as smooth and pleasant as possible.
An up-to-date guide for minding your manners, The Etiquette Book includes advice on:
- The appropriate attire, behavior, and communication (the etiquette A,B,C’s) needed for almost any occasion such as a client dinner or theater outing.
- How to be a thoughtful and successful host from selecting the date and time of the event correctly to choosing the invitations and seating arrangements.
- Guidelines to be a gracious guest, whether in a hotel or another friend’s home.
- What you need to know about planning a memorable wedding including: buying the ring; planning the guest list and sending the invitations; dealing with the in-laws; choosing the menu and finding the dress; organizing the bachelor/bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinner; and writing the thank you notes.
- How to avoid e-mail, phone, and internet faux pas in a high-tech society.
- The ins and outs of making enjoyable and comfortable small talk.
- How to successfully navigate the political scene at work as well as strategies to help conduct yourself professionally and respectably in the office.
- Different modes and methods of expressing appreciation, from thank-you-notes to end of year tipping.
- How to make memorable introductions and graceful exits in any type of interaction.
- And so much more.
In The Etiquette Book, Smith arms readers with the confidence they need to successfully navigate life’s intricacies.
About the Author
President and owner of Mannersmith, Jodi R.R. Smith is an etiquette consultant who creates and leads seminars on personal and professional conduct. Educating in a way that is both instructional and entertaining, Smith has helped her clients increase their confidence levels and achieve success in today’s world. In 2005, Smith was named one of the thirty most extraordinary Bostonians by the Boston Event Guide and has appeared on Top Morning Shows including The Today Show, Good Morning America, and the CBS Early Show. She can also be seen regularly in the greater Boston area on Fox 25 News. In addition, Smith has appeared in an array of National print including the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, as well as Women’s Day.